This guide presents the strategic management perspective on IT i.e. it is designed to help you understand how IT enables/drives strategic planning, competitive advantage, and business transformation AND make the connection between IT strategy and implementation.
If you want to understand the basics of IT strategy, and make the connection with IT implementation, this is an excellent place to start.
- Chapter 1: Why is IT of strategic importance to business?
- Chapter 2: How to create effective governance for IT?
- Chapter 3: How does systems development fit into IT strategy? What are the key issues and how to address them?
- Chapter 4: How does strategy drive systems vision, definition, and design?
- Chapter 5: How is strategy implemented through systems implementation, testing and support
- Chapter 6: What is web 2.0? How does internet create business value?
- Chapter 7: What is electronic commerce and how does it drive value?
- Chapter 8: How to effectively manage networks and telecommunications infrastructure?
- Chapter 9: What are the managerial issues related to IT operations and security in particular?
- Chapter 10: How to design an effective IT organization and align skills for success?