This paper details a stage gate model tailored for high risk (blue sky) initiatives. This process overcomes the shortcomings of a traditional stage gate to deliver value from extremely risky investments. CIOs need to pay attention because investments in technology entail a very high risk. Excellent Read!!
This overview of a stage gate for high risk programs will help you understand:
- What is the stage gate process?
- Why is the stage gate process critical for business value?
- Why doesn't traditional stage gate work for high risk investments in technology?
- What are the gaps in a traditional stage gate process?
- What steps need to be taken to overcome these gaps?
- How to conduct a stage gate for high risk investments?
- What are the roles and responsibilities in this process?
- How to implement this high risk project stage gate in the enterprise?
CIOs are faced with very high risk technology projects that can benefit greatly from the stage gate process. They can adapt this framework to suit their requirements. MUST Read!!