This enterprise architecture example demonstrates the use of an enterprise architecture framework that combines the key elements of TOGAF and other EA frameworks to deploy IT in support of business strategy. It also helps extend the organizational boundaries to include vendor and partner capabilities. It proves the key benefits of enterprise architecture:
- Setting clear objectives for IT
- Create alignment between IT investments and business goals
- Defining the right IT capability to support the business
- Developing a structure for better decision making in IT
- Design standards based IT infrastructure for efficiency of operations
- Improve enterprise flexibility
In support of these objectives this example demonstrates development, documentation, communication and adoption of enterprise Architecture concepts, services, components, standards, patterns, practices, and processes. CIOs can learn how to design and deploy enterprise architecture that creates sustainable business results.