This is a thorough discussion on the key aspects of purchasing, supply chain management, and strategic sourcing. CIOs who want to get the basics right will find this a very helpful reference. (800+ pages)
This guide to strategic sourcing will help you with the following:
- What is purchasing, procurement, supply chain management, and strategic sourcing?
- What are the key concepts in supply chain management?
- How do you create competitive advantage using supply chain management?
- How to craft a strategic sourcing strategy?
- How to implement strategic sourcing in the enterprise?
- How to evaluate, select, and partner with vendors?
- How to negotiate for value?
- How to craft contracts that create a win-win for both parties?
- What are the regulatory (legal) drivers and their implications on your supply chain?
- How does IT drive a differentiated supply chain?
- How to create an e-Commerce strategy?
- How to monitor and control the value delivered?
CIOs can use this to understand the difference between the terms that are used here interchangeably - they mean different things and have dramatically different impact on business value, so pay attention!