This paper on governing PPM using a framework built for the purpose, discusses the following"
- What is Project Portfolio Rationalization?
- Why is Project Portfolio Rationalization important?
- What are the issues with Project Portfolio Rationalization implementations i.e. why doesn't PPM deliver value?
- What is the connection between PPM and strategy?
- What is the connection between PPM and governance?
- How can governance help align PPM with strategic direction of the enterprise?
A critical factor in PPM not delivering value is a disconnect with strategy. This framework helps bridge the gap. A useful tool for the CIO who wants to understand PPM and how to make it super effective.