This document introduces a maturity model for business and information technology alignment (Business IT Alignment or BITA) in an extended, collaborative, and networked organization. CIOs can learn how to measure the effectiveness of their IT capability in support of their business model which is defined by collaboration and integration with partner organizations.
This guide to business IT alignment in a networked organization will help you understand:
- What is business IT alignment?
- What factors drive business IT alignment?
- How to measure business IT alignment?
- How is business IT alignment affected by collaboration among business partners?
- What factors drive business IT alignment in a networked organizational ecosystem?
- How to measure business IT alignment in this boundaryless business?
CIOs know that IT systems and infrastructure of their organization extends beyond its boundaries. So does its business process and in fact its business model. Aligning IT capability with this boundaryless business is the key to success in the 21st century. This maturity model can help. MUST Read!