This e-book provides invaluable guidance in understanding the role of technology in the modern enterprise and creating a strategic plan to harness its power for business value. CIOs MUST understand this holistic view of technology including the internet and social media etc. to really get the biggest bang for their technology investments. Excellent Read!! (650 pages)
This comprehensive guide to information technology strategy will help you understand:
- What is the role of technology in the 21st century enterprise?
- What are the key underlying concepts in technology - software, internet, telecommunications etc.?
- How can technology be leveraged for business gain?
- What are the key concepts and models in strategic technology?
- What are some real life examples of technology reshaping business models?
- How does the internet change this equation between technology and business?
- Where is technology headed and how should the tech manager use these trends?
- What is technology disruption and how have social, e-commerce, web 2.0 etc changed the role of technology?
- How has the cloud changed our world of technology driven business value?
- How to leverage the data tsunami for competitive advantage?
- How to manage the wide open doors of the modern enterprise? (hint: information security challenge!)
- How are key business concepts such as marketing and advertising affected by technology?
- How to put this all together to create a strategic plan for IT?
CIOs can learn the use of strategic technology through excellent case studies of successful firms. MUST Read!!