Mergers and acquisitions are back in vogue with ever increasing deal volume. M&A are notorious for failure primarily because of post merger integration - technology integration being the leading cause of this debacle. This report studies the dynamic of post merger integration, identifies factors driving success and failure, and suggests ways to overcome these hurdles to affect favorable outcomes:
- What is merger and acquisition?
- What is post merger integration? Why is it important?
- What are the factors influencing post merger technology integration?
- How does organizational context influence PMI process and outcomes?
- How does managerial decision making affect post merger integration success?
- How to plan for post merger IT integration?
- How to manage the PMI process?
- How to assess post merger technology integration success or failure?
This study introduces a post merger technology integration framework to understand and implement PMI for success. It illustrates with case studies how this framework is applicable and how to apply it to create an effective post merger integration strategy and plan. Excellent Read!