A Guide to developing ICT business cases with comprehensive planning and analysis of the project’s demand, value and costs.
This Guide is intended in developing solid Business Cases for investments with significant ICT components to ensure that the recommended course of action:
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Aligns IT Strategy with business strategy
- Is fact based and quantifies total cost of ownership through the project/initiative lifecycle
- Ensures delivery of business value
- Ensures that the best option is selected, and
- Identifies the risks associated with the initiative and indicates how these will be managed.
This guide is part of the Australian Government’s Demand and Value Assessment Methodology.