How does an enterprise create an IT Organization that supports the organization's strategic business drivers? This example demonstrates how to assess current capability, and create a strategic plan that addresses business goals in a cost effective manner. This IT strategic assessment, and planning example demonstrates the following:
- How to form a team to assess IT capability, and spending?
- How to engage key stakeholders (IT and end users) from across the organization to participate in the creation of a strategic plan?
- How to conduct fact gathering through tools such as focus groups, interviews, and surveys etc.?
- How to assess current planning, policies, and initiatives and how they align with strategic objectives?
- What is the current spending on information technology?
- How to identify opportunities for improvement?