This guide to big data discusses the following:
- Definition of Big Data - what is big data? what are the characteristics that distinguish big data?
- Big Data Best Practices - what are some lessons learned from early adopters? how can they be used in your implementation? what are some recommendations to get your big data initiative off the ground?
- Big Data Value - why is big data important? what value does big data deliver to the enterprise?
- Big Data Trends - what is the history of big data? what are some emerging trends in the big data world? where is big data headed?
- Big Data Use - where is big data being deployed in the enterprise? what business problems is big data solving? what are some examples of big data use across industry?
- Big Data Infrastructure - what is the underlying technology supporting big data? how to integrate big data with existing enterprise platforms, and technologies? how does cloud computing help implement big data?
- Big Data Organization - what are the skills required to implement big data? where can one acquire, and nurture big data talent?
DownloadDocuments are in common file formats such as Microsoft Word (doc), Powerpoint (ppt), Excel (xls,csv,xlsx), and Adobe pdf. 1