This case study examines how strategy in the real world deviates from theory. CIOs can learn the factors driving the adaptation of strategy to real life factors. Excellent discussion! (100+ pages)
This case study follows the formulation and implementation of strategy in the enterprise and how it deviates from theory. CIOs can learn:
- Theoretical frameworks for strategy formulation
- Strategy formulation and implementation in the real world
- Factors driving success or failure of strategy formulation and implementation
- Reasons for adapting strategy in the real world
- Outcome of deviating from theory
As with anything else, it is better to understand what drives success or failure and frame your preferred course of action before you face a problem that doing so in the fog of war. This case study can help you with problems that you are likely to face in strategy formulation and implementation.