As you develop a strategic technology plan for your organization, stop to think about the following:
- What is the vision for the enterprise?
- What is the vision for IT capability in support of the enterprise vision?
- Why develop an IT strategy?
- What is the driver for change?
- What is the impact of change?
- What business outcomes are we seeking and how to measure them?
- How will we implement our strategy?
- What does the enterprise look over time?
- What is our investment strategy?
These are just a few of the strategic questions a CIO must address. This case study discusses how to approach them. Good discussion to follow!