This series of presentations discuss the drivers of competitive advantage, and components of IT capability that can be (must be?) deployed in support.
- What is competitive advantage?
- What creates competitive advantage for the business?
- How can IT be deployed to support the enterprise's strategic mission?
- What are some examples of IT being deployed as a strategic weapon?
- Has the advent of the internet changed this strategic equation? How?
- What are the key components of IT capability - hardware, software, network, databases etc.?
- What are the key types of information systems - strategic, operational, decision support, electronic data interchange, etc.?
- How to build IT components in support of a business solution?
- What are the security challenges faced by a CIO?
- What are the cultural, ethical, organizational challenges faced by a CIO?
- How to deploy effective IT Management techniques in support of business value?
An excellent resource for the CIO to use strategic IT to create business value