This guide touches upon the critical elements of IT capability - business IT alignment, IT strategic planning, IT Governance, IT metrics, IT value, IT organization, IT team and the role of the CIO. A great place for the CIO to start
understanding the role IT plays in creating business value, designing an IT capability to support value creation, and understand the role a CIO must play in this endeavor.
- Business IT Alignment - How does IT create business value? what is business IT alignment? How to create an IT strategic plan?
- IT Alignment Maturity Model - what is it alignment maturity? how do we measure IT alignment maturity over time?
- IT processes - what are the key IT processes? How do we plan for and improve IT processes to create business IT alignment and value?
- Strategic IT Planning - what is strategic planning for IT? why is it important? how to create a strategy for IT?
- IT Governance - what is IT Governance? why is IT governance important? how to implement IT governance?
- IT Metrics - how to measure, control and management IT value using metrics? how to design and use service level agreements?
- IT Value - how to measure and communicate IT's value?
- Role of IT - How has the role of the IT organization evolved over time, where is it now, what do leaders expect of it, and is IT delivering value?
- IT Organization Design - what are the different models or designs of an IT organization? which is best suited for your organization and why?
- Managing IT Team - how to hire, train and retain top notch IT talent? what skills are critical to the IT organization's success?
- Role of the CIO - what is the role a CIO plays in creatig business IT alignment? How has this role evolved over time? What characteristics make a successful CIO?
- Disruptive Technologies - how do emerging technologies impact business success? when and how should an IT organization adopt an emerging technology?
- IT in Change Management - how can IT organization affect change management? how is IT organization affected by change?
- IT Communications - why is communications within the IT organization and with its partners critical to IT's success? how does communication affect business IT alignment?