This presentation discusses the application of lean principles to Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for services and ITIL aka Infrastructure Library. It discusses the following:
- Overview of lean principles
- Overview of CMMI for services (CMMI-SVC)
- Comparison of CMMI-SVC, CMMI-DEV and ITIL
What is CMMI?
CMMI is a process improvement approach that provides organizations with the essential elements of effective processes that ultimately improve their performance. CMMI can be used to guide process improvement across a project, a division, or an entire organization. It helps integrate traditionally separate organizational functions, set process improvement goals and priorities, provide guidance for quality processes, and provide a point of reference for appraising current processes.
The benefits you can expect from using CMMI include the following:
* Your organization's activities are explicitly linked to your business objectives.
* Your visibility into the organization's activities is increased to help you ensure that your product or service meets the customer's expectations.
* You learn from new areas of best practice (e.g., measurement, risk)