Big Data is synonymous with Hadoop. While Hadoop is an important technology it is not the end all for Big Data implementation. An architected solution must connect the heterogeneous databases that dot the enterprise landscape, with analytics, and visualization, in the least. This e-Book focuses on constructing an end-to-end solution for Big Data and illustrates the options with use cases and reference architecture examples.
- What is Big Data?
- Why is Big Data important?
- What are the key considerations in Big Data Architecture? How to address them?
- How to layer a Big Data solution?
- How to connect to data stores?
- How to store Big Data?
- How to analyze Big Data?
- How to visualize Big Data?
- How to deploy Big Data?
- How to secure Big Data?
- How to scale Big Data?
These issues are discussed and solutions provided. Excellent discussion for the CIO who is drowning in hype and wants practical solution to her Big Data problem.