This guide helps understand how information technology drives competitive advantage. Towards that end, it is critical to understand strategic planning and competitive advantage and how key components of IT drive them.
This guide discusses the following:
- Why is information technology critical to business success?
- How have recent IT trends changed this equation?
- What are the opportunities and challenges of managing IT?
- What should senior IT leadership focus on?
- How does architecture affect IT management?
- How has the wave of new technologies such as cloud computing changed management of IT?
- How do IT systems support business requirements?
- How does data and analytics drive competitive advantage?
- How do networks and mobility drive competitive advantage?
- How has e-business changed this equation?
- What are the key functional and enterprise systems and how do they drive competitive advantage?
- What is the IT strategic planning process?
This guide will help CIOs understand the value of Information Technology, key IT management priorities, key IT functional areas and how they drive business value.