This discussion asked enterprise architects what they thought works and doesn't. Then it explored what we have been told. Based on the two, it concludes with what are the factors driving enterprise architecture success:
- What drives enterprise architecture success?
- What works in the real world? What does not?
- What role does organizational dynamic play in the success of enterprise architecture?
- How does a focus on deliverables hinder EA value?
- Is a focus on value the primary driver of success?
CIOs have always found it difficult to fund enterprise architects initiatives. The primary reason is not that it is difficult to quantify EA's value, it is the history of millions lost on charts and diagrams that do little, if anything, to make a buck for the enterprise. This is a good place to start correcting course.