Often, enterprise architecture is implemented with a static view of the enterprise. But which organization is stationary? Constant change is one factor that can affect EA's effectiveness. Internal dynamics is another. So, how does a CIO implement an EA capability that is applicable to an evolving organization? This research provides some answers by exploring the following:
- What is enterprise architecture?
- What is EA modeling? Why?
- Where and how does EA add value?
- How does organizational dynamic (culture, for example) affect EA?
- How can EA overcome or factor in organizational dynamic to create an effective capability?
The discussion is based on case studies across different organizations. This discussion on the business impact or value created by enterprise architecture planning can help the CIO understand how best to use EA - build internal capability or deploy it to create competitive advantage or both? - factoring in organizational dynamic.