Enterprise Architecture started with technology but it limits its potential if it remains confined to IT. To unleash the true value from enterprise architecture one must use it to model people and culture. This discussion makes the case:
- What is enterprise architecture?
- How has enterprise architecture practice evolved?
- How does EA fit into the organization and its dynamic?
- How to expand the scope of enterprise architecture beyond IT?
- How do people and cultures influence business value?
- How can enterprise architecture model organizational dynamic?
The basic premise of this discussion is that business value is being lost in restricting EA to IT and process modeling. EA must be expanded to include people and their social interaction to realize its full potential. An excellent discussion on the next generation EA.