This document discusses key analyses that the C-Suite must do before it makes the decision to adopt the cloud. CIOs will learn how to think before they jump on the cloud computing bandwagon. Excellent Read! (50 pages)
This guide to evaluating the cloud will help you understand:
- What is cloud computing?
- What benefits does cloud computing offer?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in migrating to the cloud?
- How will cloud computing affect all layers of the IT Architecture?
- What are the risks with cloud computing (e.g. security)?
- How will IT Operations be affected by cloud computing?
- What new roles and responsibilities emerge to use cloud computing effectively?
- What implementation approaches are available and which ones are best for me?
- How to effectively work with cloud computing vendors?
The decision to adopt the cloud goes beyond cost savings because it affects all aspects of IT Operations. CIOs must consider the pros and cons before they make that leap that could be the last mistake they make in the current position.