Outsourcing can produce tremendous advantage to an organization - from lowering cost to creating competitive advantage and everything in between. The realization of these benefits requires deft management and governance of the outsourcing process. This e-Book provides guidance on how to manage this process. It discusses the following:
- Why outsource?
- What to outsource?
- How to identify outsourcing risks?
- How to define requirements for the service being outsourced?
- How to select outsourcing provider?
- How to enter into effective outsourcing contracts?
- How to create meaningful Service Level Agreements (SLA)?
- How to govern outsourcing relationships?
- What is offshoring and how to effectively manage it?
- How to mitigate outsourcing risk?
This is an excellent discussion on outsourcing that CIOs can learn from.