This Executive guide uses the COSO Framework to create a step by step plan for integrated risk management with a focus on improving IT value. It discusses the following:
- How does the internal environment help or hinder risk management?
- How to assess, and improve the internal environment and the factors driving better risk management processes?
- How to set risk management objectives, and goals?
- How to identify events that can have an impact on IT value?
- How to assess current risk management capability?
- How to asses current risk facing the enterprise?
- How to plan appropriate risk mitigation strategies?
- What are the internal controls that help manage risk?
- How to implement better internal controls?
- How to monitor, and report on risk management on an ongoing basis?
- How to improve risk management practices over time?
This is a complete guide for the CIO who wants to master risk, controls, audit, and compliance using a structured framework, and approach.