This presentation set provides excellent guidance on information technology strategy (IT Strategy). Excellent read for a CIO to understand strategic planning in context. (450 pages)
This introduction to strategic planning discusses the following:
- What is the role of IT in an enterprise?
- What is strategic planning for information technology?
- Why IT Strategy? Is IT strategy a must or are there alternatives?
- What are IT Strategy Methodologies and Business IT Alignment approaches?
- What is IT Strategy maturity?
- How does IT create competitive advantage for the business?
- What are the critical success factors in strategic planning for IT?
- How to align business with IT?
Understanding both theory and practice of IT Strategy is critical to its implementation. This is a good resource for the CIO to make the connection