The primary objective of an IT Strategy is to give direction to the technology organization - evolve an IT capability in line with business requirements. CIOs can learn from this IT Strategic Planning example:
1. How to develop a strategic plan for IT?
2. How to get buy-in from key stakeholders?
3. How to get approval for the first IT strategy?
4. How to assess current environment to find opportunities?
5. How to devise initiatives/solutions to address opportunities?
6. How to create a strategic plan to migrate to the new capability?
7. How to use an investment management model to manage initiatives?
8. How to set in place a governance model to ensure delivery and success thereafter?
CIOs often struggle to get their first IT strategy initiative off the ground. This is a good example of how one CIO got this done. Excellent Read (200 pages)