Grooming internal talent for senior positions is a surprisingly improvised hit-or-miss proposition at many companies, relying on instinct and biased judgments. A more effective alternative, the Group Evaluation Method, uses a structured and iterative discussion process to assess an individual’s potential for leadership roles and predict which areas need development in order to ensure the candidate’s progress. The nature of group participation means that colleagues have a vested interest in seeing the plan succeed.
This article discusses the barriers to successful executive transition and way to overcome them.
This article discusses the transition of executives from large to small corporations and presents a framework to help evaluate each candidate’s “fit” in the smaller organization.
CIO role is changing – from IT leadership to business leadership. What does all this mean to IT managers? To operations managers, development managers, strategy and architecture leaders? Read On!
This article discusses 7 habits of Highly Effective Boards – simple things to ensure successful CEO succession.
This excellent presentation provides insights on great leadership traits. It then goes into the thorny issue of team building with a focus on succession planning. Great Read!!
“…60 percent of the respondents to a poll of HR directors said their firms have no CEO succession planning process in place.” Are you with them or the other 40%?