IT Strategy Course
Business IT alignment is at the top of a CIO’s agenda, but making it happen requires understanding of key concepts, a structured framework, and a proven approach. Developed by Sourabh Hajela, an award winning thought leader, management consultant, and trainer with over 30 years experience, this in-depth course explains how many Fortune 50 companies align their business and IT strategies to create sustainable shareholder value. IT Strategy Course describes how you can identify areas where your organization lacks alignment, quantify the cost to your company, and build a plan to bring your IT efforts in line with your business needs.
IT Strategy Course is for Chief Information Officers, their direct reports, and those responsible for creating IT Strategic Plans. However, this information is invaluable to all employees in the IT Organization because it helps set the context for all the work they do.
- What is IT Strategy aka Business IT Alignment?
- Why is IT Alignment essential for business results?
- What are the steps to create an IT Alignment?
- How do we migrate to this new capability?
- How do we monitor and track IT investment results?
- Are there tools and techniques available that can facilitate this journey?
- Read Course Syllabus
- See Answers to commonly asked questions about the course
- Watch a Demo
At the end of the day, most business leaders agree that alignment is critical, but they don’t know how to achieve that goal.
This course discusses the challenges of aligning IT with business in depth and presents a differentiated approach and framework that is:
- Demonstrable: IT Alignment Strategies takes alignment from a nebulous concept to a business factor that can be measured, charted and understood.
- Practical: The course drills down to the root causes of alignment or lack thereof, facilitating key decisions about IT.
- Quantitative: Techniques explained enable easy monitoring and control of alignment.
Easy to Use: Gets you to decisions and value quickly and effectively.
IT Strategy Course presents this cutting edge yet practical and easy-to-use framework and guides you through a step-by-step approach to create an actionable strategic plan for your IT organization. This IT Strategy will help you identify areas where your organization lacks alignment, quantify the cost to your company, and build a strategic plan to bring your IT efforts in line with your business needs. IT Strategy’s objective is to create value for shareholders. With visual value maps, now you can show them the money!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Is This Course Different from IT Strategy 101?
IT Strategy 101 focuses on the “what” of creating business value using IT. This course details the “how” to align IT and business. The former sets the context and the latter details the approach and framework to create an IT capability to enable business results.
What Are The Benefits Of This Course for IT Executives?
This course introduces, in a structured and comprehensive, yet easy manner the logical steps and framework to align business requirements with IT capability.
As an IT professional you have a good grasp on creating IT Solutions. You might have taken the Managing IT course to understand the ”big picture” on these solutions.
However, what is missing is the “how to” i.e. the approach, steps and framework to align business and IT capability
- How to model existing IT Capability?
- How to model the desired IT Capability?
- How to migrate to an efficient and effective IT Capability?
This course should help you become more effective and efficient in your current job and career by understanding the rationale for your work. More importantly, it will help you advance your career by getting the knowledge on the business aspects of IT.
What Are The Benefits Of This Course for Non-IT Professionals?
In today’s fast paced and hyper competitive world information technology is a strategic weapon.
- Is your business leveraging this weapon to its fullest?
- Are you collaborating with your IT organization to the extent you should?
- Are you maximizing the returns on your IT investments?
Perhaps, as a non-IT professional you have seen the promise of IT. You are also keen to unleash the power of IT. However, the punditry and complexity have intimidated or dissuaded you from delving into it in a meaningful way.
This course makes it easy by dealing with this topic in a comprehensive yet simple manner. Additionally, it deals with IT from a business perspective hence for a business professional it is easier to follow.
Is This A Technical Course?
Not in the sense of a technology deep dive. Even though this course is on Information Technology it is from a business perspective i.e. how to enable business results using information technology.
Why Is A Business Perspective Necessary To Successfully Use Information Technology?
As a business executive your primary focus is on creating shareholder value. Information technology is a means to that end. Consequently, a business perspective helps understand where, how and why IT can enable business results. When to apply it and when not to. If IT is not enabling business results it is what some call ”technology for technology’s sake”.
What Topics Are Covered In This Course?
This course covers the following topics:
- Business model and strategy and how they drive IT Strategy?
- What are the steps in formulating IT Strategy?
- How to create a model for the existing/current IT capability?
- How to identify the IT imperatives given the business drivers?
- How to devise a model for an IT Capability that aligns IT with business?
- How to prioritize IT initiatives?
- How to migrate from existing to the desired IT Capability?
My Question Isn’t Listed Here!
General course questions such as “How do I pay for this course?” or “What technology is utilized in this course?” are answered on our overall course FAQ page. If your question is not visible there, please feel free to contact us.