This case study is of an independent evaluation of an implementation that seemed like it was in trouble. However, CIOs should get this done along the way not waiting for things to go wrong or almost wrong! The key questions addressed are:
- Are we on track?
- Is this the right application/technology/tool decision?
- What are the risks to this program?
- What is the impact of these risks?
- How can we mitigate them?
- What are the options to proceed forward?
- What are the costs for each option?
- What is the timeline for each option?
- What does the roadmap look like for each option?
A CIO should end up with ammunition - independent analysis - and a game-plan to proceed. This is an excellent example of how to get both!