As a CIO you are already on very actively considering leveraging the cloud. This seemingly simple task of using external services can quickly become a nightmare if you do not plan ahead. Here is some help.
This discussion can help you craft a cloud computing strategy that manages the risks and creates the maximum bang for your IT buck:
- What is cloud computing?
- How does it help? what is the business case?
- How to assess cloud computing capability against business needs?
- How to assess risks?
- How to mitigate privacy issues?
- How to tackle legal issues?
- How to assess costs involved in cloud computing?
- How to create a cloud adoption strategy?
- How to create overarching policies and principles?
- How to time the cloud migration? How to get out if things go wrong?
- How to evaluate cloud computing service providers?
- How to manage change?
This example can be used as a template to create a cloud computing strategy in your organization.