The enterprise is going digital. The option for a CIO is to ride this wave or be swept by it. If you want to lead - it is already a bit late but the game is not over yet! - then get busy learning the nuts and bolts of e-business, and how to create value using internet technologies. This guide is here to help the CIO transform into a CDO. Well, it can help answer the following questions:
- How to create competitive advantage using internet based technologies, and ecosystems
- How does Enterprise Architecture change with these changing times i.e. what changes are needed in the IT architecture to adapt to e-Business?
- What changes in IT governance are needed to create value in digital times?
- How so components of IT capability - processes, systems, data, network etc. - adapt to take the enterprise online?
- What new challenges has the internet introduced in the business, and how to address them? Cybersecurity is a make of break endeavor for the CIO now!
- What are some marketing techniques that are now in the purview of the CIO - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is no longer on the CMO's plate, but a key component of what the CIO does! What rules based engines can help with recommendations and other human factor based internet marketing?
- What new technologies must the enterprise adopt? How to make their implementation, and integration smooth? E-Commerce, M-Commerce, Geolocation, Visualization, Virtualization...are things a CIO must master. Are you ready?
- What does technology strategy look like in this digital age? Does a CIO focus on IT Strategy or E-Strategy or something else?
- How do you manage the new risk profile of the enterprise?
- What are the moral, and ethical dilemmas introduces in this new electronic world without boundaries?
For the CIO who is not ready for the digital age, this is a very thorough guide to e-strategy.