This is a thorough discussion on leadership. CIOs can learn the basic principles of leadership, how to behave as a leader, and the opportunities and challenges of leadership. Excellent Read! (150 pages)
This guide to leadership will help you understand the following:
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important?
- What the the key components of leadership? What makes someone a leader?
- What are some key leadership theories?
- What are some key leadership models?
- What is the role and responsibilities of a leader?
- What are the opportunities and challenges for leaders?
- How does leadership work in a practical setting?
- What is the difference between leaders and managers?
- What is value driven leadership?
- What is strategic leadership?
- How to develop capable leaders?
The value of this discussion is in the fact that it is descriptive not prescriptive - understand the concepts but apply them as you deem appropriate. Although the importance of strategic leadership is emphasized, the focus is on operational excellence. CIOs can learn how to better lead their teams to deliver business value. MUST Read!