This research explores the relationship between the desired and implemented CIO role and responsibilities, how that impacts the value delivered by the IT Organization, and recommends ways to mitigate the situation. Excellent Read! (200 pages)
This report will help you think through the bigger question of why the CIO role fails to deliver value:
- What are the responsibilities of the CIO role?
- What responsibilities are actually implemented?
- Why does that matter i.e. how does that impact the value CIOs deliver?
- What need to change to empower CIOs?
- How will that improve the value delivered by the IT Organization?
You will learn about the CIO role and its responsibilities but this discussion is less about those specifics and more about their impact on the success or failure of the objectives set for the IT Organization.