This analysis explores the mechanisms to maintain control over cloud computing. This is a good discussion for the CIO to follow because control is critical to ensuring the delivery of value from cloud computing. (100 pgs)
This discussion on cloud computing monitoring and control discusses the following:
- What is cloud computing? What are its layers? What are the underlying technologies?
- What are cloud service delivery models?
- What is the economic justification for cloud computing?
- What are the key risks in cloud computing?
- How to assess and ensure quality of service?
- How to maintain accountability in a cross organizational environment?
With so many moving parts that cut across organizational boundaries, a CIO must put in place mechanisms to build trust and accountability. This is a good discussion to understand the underlying concepts.