This e-book discusses the adoption of digital technology by consumers and businesses. An essential discussion for the digital strategist - to ride this wave, you must understand where is it coming from, what impact has it had, and where is it headed next. Excellent Discussion! (500 pages)
The Internet has been with us for at least the past two decades. Over this time it has found its way into almost all major facets of our lives - from the telephone to our banks and now, through digital attendants such as Siri and Alexa, increasingly running our lives. It is obvious yet important to understand specifically where has, why, when, and how to leverage it. This discussion puts some structure behind this:
- What is the impact of the Internet on businesses across industry?
- Banking: you are banking on the web but that is just the beginning. How is banking changing because of the Internet?
- Education: Online education is increasingly mainstream or is it? Why does that matter to a digital strategist not working for a University?
- What is the Internet of Things? How will it impact our lives? How can we leverage it to create business value?
- How has security changed in the age of open doors? Cybersecurity is now a critical skill for a CIO to understand
- Who owns all the data created on the web by consumers? Who connects these dots to make sense? Big Data is the imperative but why exactly?
- How is our society changing because of an ever flatter world? Where are the opportunities for businesses?
- How is our day being reshaped by the digital tsunami? Why should a CIO care?
- What is the impact of the web on our government, its policies, and our politics? What does that mean for business?
- How is the web itself changing? what does that mean for our business?
From our daily lives to our society and government, everything is in a flux. It is interesting to follow but it is absolutely pertinent to our businesses growth - nay, its very survival. This is a good discussion to get your bearings right.