A Template to developing ICT investment business cases with comprehensive planning and analysis of the project’s demand, value, risk and costs.
This IT investment business case template accompanies the IT investment business case guide and is intended in developing solid Business Cases for investments with significant ICT components to ensure that the recommended course of action:
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Aligns IT Strategy with business strategy
- Is fact based and quantifies total cost of ownership through the project/initiative lifecycle
- Ensures delivery of business value
- Ensures that the best option is selected, and
- Identifies the risks associated with the initiative and indicates how these will be managed.
This IT investment business case template is part of the Australian Government’s Demand and Value Assessment Methodology.