Often, a focus on process and content forgets the third dimension of success - the human factor. How people who interact with a tool, concept or technology react to it can make all the difference between success and failure in its adoption. This discussion uncovers the soft factors driving ITIL's success in an organization.
- How does ITIL positively affect employees?
- How does ITIL negatively affect employees?
- How does organizational culture affect an ITIL implementation?
- What are the factors that can affect an ITIL implementation?
- Is a focus on theory versus practice preventing ITIL success?
CIOs must understand how their environment can derail the best laid out ITIL plans and adjust before going any further. This can help get that discussion started.