Enterprise Architecture Planning Course
Would you live in a house that has not been architected? Enterprise Architecture is to a business what architecture is to a house. However, developing an Enterprise Architecture without proven frameworks and tools is an exercise in futility. The Intro to Enterprise Architecture Online Training Course describes what constitutes a “good enough” Enterprise Architecture and introduces proven methods to develop one quickly.
Developed by Infomajic, this in-depth course explains how many Fortune 50 companies use Enterprise Architecture to achieve business success. The program is led by Jane Carbone , a thought leader, management consultant, author, and trainer with over 25 years of experience developing Enterprise Architecture. Her audio narration guides you through more than 200 slides that show you how to create an Enterprise Architecture step-by-step. In addition to the online course, which you can take at your own pace and convenience, you can also receive a certificate of completion.
This course discusses the “how to” of developing an Enterprise Architecture in a time-and-cost-effective way. It teaches frameworks and methods that are:
- Quantitative Intro to Enterprise Architecture takes Enterprise Architecture from a nebulous concept to a business effort that can be measured, charted, and understood.
- Practical The course drills down to the practical construction of an Enterprise Architecture.
- Implementable Techniques explained enable easy implementation of EA.
- Easy to Use Jane Carbone gets to the answers quickly and effectively.
Whether you head up the IT department, the finance group, or the entire company, your primary focus is creating value for the business. Information technology is only a means to that end. This course aims to create a foundation for an IT infrastructure that supports the business.
This approach to Enterprise Architecture supports an effective and efficient IT capability, which drives business results.
The course answers critical questions like:
- What is Enterprise Architecture?
- Why is an Enterprise Architecture essential for business success?
- What are the steps to create an Enterprise Architecture?
- How do we implement this new Enterprise Architecture?
- Are there tools and techniques available that can facilitate this journey?
|Introduction—The EA Toolkit
Objective: Understanding which strategies for enterprise architecture work and why
Using the Business Framework
Objective: Understanding what business information to collect and how to collect and analyze it
|Using the Architecture Framework—Part 1
Objectives: Understanding how to translate business drivers to architecture outputs
Understanding how to develop architecture outputs
|Using the Architecture Framework—Part 2
Objectives: Reading architecture models - Describing six dimensions of architecture modeling
Understanding key facets of Inventory and Standards
|Translating Architecture to Projects
Objective: Identifying and selecting viable architecture projects
|Six Data-driven Project Implementation Strategies
Objective: Understanding how to intentionally minimize architecture project scope
|Key Implementation Activities
Understanding what to measure and how to create metrics
Understanding how to gain concurrence for the target architecture
|Key Architecture Processes
Defining architecture governance
Assessing and defining key processes
Objective: Assessing adequacy of policies and roles that enable architecture
There are several benefits that participants can expect to gain from taking our online training course on enterprise architecture:
- Improved understanding of enterprise architecture: Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of enterprise architecture and how to design and implement it within their organization effectively.
- Enhanced project management skills: The course covers data-driven project implementation strategies and key implementation activities, helping participants improve their project management skills.
- Better alignment of projects with business goals: Participants will learn how to align their projects with their organization’s business needs and goals, leading to more successful outcomes.
- Enhanced ability to maintain and evolve architecture: The course covers key architecture processes for maintaining and evolving architecture over time, helping participants adapt to changing business needs.
- Improved ability to develop and implement supporting policies: Participants will learn about the importance of supporting policies in enterprise architecture and how to develop and implement them, leading to a more cohesive and effective architecture.
- Enhanced career prospects: By gaining a solid understanding of enterprise architecture, participants can differentiate themselves in the job market and potentially advance their careers.
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness: By implementing effective enterprise architecture, organizations can streamline operations, improve decision-making, and increase overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Better alignment with industry best practices: The course covers industry best practices in enterprise architecture, helping participants ensure that their organization follows recommended guidelines.
- Increased stakeholder satisfaction: By aligning projects with business goals and implementing effective architecture, participants can improve stakeholder satisfaction by delivering better outcomes.
- Improved communication and collaboration: The course covers the role of people in the enterprise architecture process, helping participants improve communication and collaboration within their organization.
Participants can expect to gain a wide range of skills and knowledge to help them design and implement effective enterprise architecture in their organization, leading to improved efficiency, effectiveness, and stakeholder satisfaction.
Who Should Attend this Course?
This online training course on enterprise architecture is suitable for a wide range of professionals, including:
- Enterprise architects: This course is ideal for professionals responsible for designing and implementing enterprise architecture within their organization.
- Project managers: The course covers data-driven project implementation strategies and critical implementation activities, making it relevant for professionals responsible for managing projects within their organization.
- Business analysts: The course covers the business framework and how to align projects with business goals, making it relevant for professionals who analyze business needs and requirements.
- IT professionals: The course covers the architecture framework and key architecture processes, making it relevant for professionals responsible for designing and maintaining IT systems within their organization.
- Management consultants: The course covers industry best practices in enterprise architecture, making it relevant for consultants who advise organizations on how to improve their operations.
This course suits anyone interested in learning about enterprise architecture and how to design and implement it within their organization effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Enterprise Architecture Toolkit?
The Toolkit is a set of practical, simplified frameworks and methods for assessing, constructing, and implementing enterprise architecture.
How Does This Course Relate To The Zachman Framework?
The infomajic Toolkit uses three frameworks for enterprise architecture. The frameworks are consistent with but simpler than the Zachman Framework. They focus on the “upper rows” and provide methods for developing the outputs associated with the “cells.” The Toolkit also addresses strategies for implementing target architecture. The approach is very practical—based on experiences as chief architects.
Does The Toolkit Address “Soft” Issues Like Getting Business Buy-In For Architecture?
Yes. The Toolkit includes a Framework for Implementation, which addresses strategies and practices for successfully gaining business and IT buy-in and includes descriptions of crucial architecture processes and roles.
How Can You Translate Conceptual Architecture To Reality?
The course teaches a step-by-step approach to translate architecture to manageable projects—how to identify, select and “downsize” architecture projects to promote success.
How Do You Create Architecture Outputs?
Using the Architecture Framework, we discuss the critical outputs—principles, models, inventory, and standards—and include specific development methods. Examples and exercises allow you to practice using them.
How Can You Ensure That Business Needs Are Addressed In The Architecture?
We wrestled with this problem and developed the Business Framework and methods for translating business needs into architecture outputs. The toolkit also addresses financial considerations and measurement development to link architecture with the business tightly.
My Question Isn’t Listed Here!
General course questions such as “How do I pay for this course?” or “What technology is utilized in this course?” are answered on our course FAQ page. If your question is not visible there, please get in touch with us.