This primer on project portfolio management (PPM) covers the basic concepts so you can deploy it in the enterprise:
- What is project portfolio management (PPM)?
- What are the key roles and responsibilities in PPM?
- How to govern PPM?
- What are the challenges in implementing PPM?
- What are some PPM best practices?
- What is risk management?
- What is project management?
- How is PPM connected with risk management?
- How is PPM connected with project management?
In addition, this primer makes two key connections between PPM and risk management and program management. CIOs can use this reference to refresh their understanding of key concepts and learn how to use PPM.