This document discusses, in depth, and proposes a framework for cost management. The author makes the case for cost management as an integral part of strategic management - developing and implementing business strategy:
- What are the trends driving cost management?
- What is cost management?
- How does cost reduction business value and long term success?
- What is cost optimization?
- How to assess the impact of key drivers on cost?
- How to analyze cost along the entire value chain?
- How to modify behavior driving costs?
- What is cost structure and how to manage it?
- What is activity based cost management?
- How to create and manage cost targets?
- How to manage life-cycle costs?
- How can benchmarking help manage costs?
The key concept being driven home is the importance of taking a holistic view to cost - from drivers and strategy to the implementation life-cycle . Excellent discussion for the CIO to follow!