This series of papers defines, describes, and details the step by step process to implement project portfolio management (PPM) aka project portfolio rationalization in your organization. What is PPM? Why is it important? What are the steps to implement PPM? What roles and responsibilities are required for successful implementation? This could be the single source of information that a CIO can use to implement an effective PPM capability in their organization. Excellent Read!
The Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Guide discusses the following:
- How to setup a project portfolio?
- How to identify opportunities?
- How to evaluate, select, and prioritize initiatives?
- How to balance a portfolio?
- How to kick off, and manage project initiatives over time?
- How to monitor, and communicate results?
- How to implement continuous improvement?